Thursday, December 10, 2009

food inspiration

I just saw this site which has a few neat things for purchase. I've always been fascinated with miniaturized objects that have lost their original functionality. Maybe it's the dollhouse effect. Though I usually find wearables modeled after food to be either childish or tacky, I love that someone actually made a bacon scarf and even bacon ipod case (this is worth googling!). I can't imagine anyone actually using these things though.  An exception would definitely be the pea inspired earrings from the above mentioned site.  Probably because they look more "inspired" than like actual peas.














I also kind of love the sushi pillows. I might even be able to envision them with a colorful Asian inspired decor. Or you, know, in an art gallery where food art kind of belongs.





No comments:

Post a Comment